Pages

Monday 29 August 2011

Day 49 - My Juice Diet Update!

Hi, Tim here with my Day 49 juice diet update, yes my juice fast update.

Only 7 days to go! This time next week will be my last juicing day.

So, feeling fantastic I have to say, still. Since yesterday I have lost another 0.2 kilogram, which is just under half a pound. Total weight loss now is a total of 20 kilograms exactly. And that is a fraction over 44 pounds. Current weight is 91.4 kilos, and that is around 201 1/2 pounds.

So everything on track with my fat burning diet, and doing well.

I mentioned in quite a few previous videos that I am looking at transitioning off, and what I need to do. And it is interesting. I spent some time yesterday researching this. And it seems pretty well the worst thing you could do, if you have been on a long juice fast, is to just start eating normally. Because from what I can gather the stomach creates all these digestive fluids, for want of a better term, the thing that actually helps with digestion. And because you have been on a juice fast, it hasn't had a lot to do in the last, in my case, the last 49 days, because, of course, the juice is ready to go and ready to be absorbed by the body. It hasn't had to do much in the way of digestion at all.



So, the body apparently backs off in the production of these digestive enzymes. I'm not sure if that is the correct wording, I am certainly not a doctor. But anyway, as I said, the body does back off on that, it doesn't produce as many. So consequently, from what I can gather, the layer of your stomach, is sort of coated with these digestive fluids. So if you just go back to eating your normal diet, full on, especially if it is junk food, but even if it is healthy stuff in large quantities, your body is not actually prepared for that. So what you need to do is gently kickstart your digestive 'function' ( I suppose, for want of a better term ), and to do that gently.

So, from what I can read, it is a small amount of fruits, vegetable smoothies, that are really good for the first couple of days, and just to gradually get back into normal eating. I am going to be doing that. I think from what I've read, it's going to be vegetable smoothies.

Now, of course, the difference between vegetable smoothies and juicing is the juicing pretty well removes a lot of the bulk, the fibre. Whereas the smoothie you put that in a blender and you are just blending up the entire fruit and adding some water and perhaps some ice cubes or whatever it is. So you are actually getting the bulk of it, so it is a lot thicker. But because it is sort of partly digested already, or, not digested, but partially broken down I should say, it is not as much work for the body to break it down. And then I am going have a bit of light fruit, and then gently ease into it.

And as it turns out I'm going off to Phuket in Thailand on 11 September (yes, with Louise!), and I am finishing the juice fast over here, my first day of non juicing is the 6th. So I have got about 5 days to very gently start transitioning back into relatively normal food again.

So I am going to start off and do that, and then I am going to move to, I have pretty well decided now, I am going to have meat no more than once or twice a week. I am going to pretty well skip dairy completely. I am going to completely eliminate caffeine.

Now, obviously, dairy and caffeine I have eliminated anyway. And meat I have obviously eliminated in the last 49 days in the juice fast. I see no reason to go back to it. Everything I have read tells me that caffeine is bad for you. Everything I have read tells me that dairy is bad for you, pretty well (certainly the full fat stuff, but even the low fat stuff). The example that I read was that humans are the only creatures (for want of a better term) on this planet who drink the milk of another species. Now, obviously if you are a calf, a small cow will drink its mother's milk. And as kids we might have done that as well. But we also drink other animals' milk. Which is perhaps a little bit weird, and you have to question why other animals aren't doing that!

So, anyway, I am going to ignore dairy, and I would not have been able to do that if I hadn't started the juice fast. Because, quite frankly, I was really into cheese, and had a lot of milk and so forth. But I figure, look, I have been off it for 49 days. I haven't missed it. Why would I want to go back onto it. So my diet is going to be largely fruit and vegetable based. Then I am going to have nuts, legumes, those types of things, and seeds. And that is going to give me everything that I need. And then occasionally I am going to prop that up with a bit of chicken, maybe once or twice a week. And that's going to give me vitamin B12, which is something fruits and vegetables can't give you, which I have talked about in an earlier video.

So I will give you more information as it comes to hand. I am going to continue researching, but that's my thoughts to this point in time, where I am going to be going.

And the other thing is it is about 11 o'clock here. About 3:30 I am going to the doctor's to get the blood test results, which I talked about in an earlier video. So I am pretty excited to see what they come back as. I will be reporting to you tomorrow, in Day 50's video as to how that went, what findings the doctor found in my blood, the blood test results. Hopefully we are going to find my cholesterol has gone down, and my sugar level has gone down, and the liver function and so forth have significantly increased.

Because I mentioned this in an earlier video, that some of those areas were a cause for concern when I first did this blood test, which was before I started the juice fast.

So I am very, very pumped up to find out what the results of those are going to be. And just in case you haven't seen Day 46 video, where I talked about this, my blood pressure is now 110/80, which the doctor said to me was "perfect", and basically the blood pressure was that of a young adult male, age 20 - 30, in perfect health. And of course, I am 47. So, that is a result of being on this juice fast, which I was pretty pumped up about.

But more on that tomorrow anyway.

OK, I have got to leave it there for now. Everything is still on track with my juice fasting plan and still feeling good. Only 7 days to go today, and I am going to be finished. And I am looking forward to that transitioning.

And, yes, I will be continuing these videos. At least next week I will go right up until I go away on holidays I'll do a daily video. I may even try and get one or two videos done while I'm in Thailand, in Phuket (if Louise lets me! :-) and talk about what I am eating and drinking over there.

And then gradually, I probably won't be able to continue indefinitely doing daily videos (but I will be releasing videos regularly), but look, I am going to be talking about transitioning. I'm not treating this as a once off. I am planning to continue my health eating and get right down to my goal weight of 80 kilograms (176 pounds).

And currently, as I said earlier in the video, I am on 91.4 kilos. So I have only got 11.4 kilos to go (26 pounds). I have already lost 20 in this juice fast. So I know that I can do it. And I feel pumped, and happy about it. But I think it is very important to be putting a lot of thought into this transitioning. So that's why I'm thinking about it now, to make sure it will be easy to come off it and back into the 'real eating world' I suppose, for want of a better term.

Alright, I will see you tomorrow for Day 50!

Bye for now.

You can watch a high definition version of this Juice Diet video here if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment