Pages

Saturday 20 August 2011

Day 40 - My Juicing Fast Video - How I Juice For Health

Hello everyone, Tim here, with my Day 40 update.

And yes, a different background! The reason is, I have been promising to do this all week, I am ready to do my juice, or juicing for weight loss. I am going to go through and show you how to do it.

Before I do that, a couple of things. Firstly I want to introduce the person filming. Louise, say hello...

Louise: Hello

Tim: Say a bit more maybe Louise!

Louise: Hello everybody!

Tim: Hello everyone in YouTube land, how are we all going?

Louise: Hello everyone in YouTube land.

Tim: OK, that's number one. I wanted to give Louise some credit for helping me prepare it all.


Secondly I want to let you know I lost 0.4 kg since yesterday with my juicing fast, which again is just under 1 pound. Third day straight that that has happened. Overall my weight loss now is 39.25 pounds. So, getting closer to my goal every day.



OK, so the purpose of this video: I have had lots of people writing in asking me to talk about how to juice, how to go about it. So I am going to go through a sample juicing. This is my lunch time juice. So let's go through and show you how I go about my liquid diet.

OK, we're going to start off. You can see there are quite a few ingredients there. You can see there's a good selection of greens. And also of fruits. So I am going to go through, go through each one, cut them up, put them in the blender, and get stuck into it.

First, grapefruit. Red grapefruit is actually better than the traditional stuff. I am going to cut the inside and use that only. I don't suggest you use the skin, because it does really make the taste very bitter, in my experience. So I try and just cut it, and pull it out.

Louise: With clean hands of course.

Tim: Oh, it goes without saying, Louise, with clean hands.

Just get that bit at the end, chop that out.

I find half a grapefruit is enough. Grapefruit is very acidic, so you don't want to put too much of that in your drink. So there's the grapefruit.

The other thing I am going to add is a whole lemon. So I cut the lemon in half, and now again I am going to remove the skin. Some people do it with the skin but I have found that it is just a very, very strong taste, and very overpowering. So for that reason I don't bother with the skin. I always cut it out.

Again the knife should be a really sharp one. Makes your life a little bit easier.

So I just make sure there's no skin on there. That's the other - first half there. Now, second half of the lemon.

Now, obviously you can change this to taste. What I have found is that over the last 40 days this is really probably my favorite juice. And I am sticking to a proven formula. I am not trying to change it too much.

For me this is a good combination. The lemon dulls the taste of the vegetables, which I still am not a huge fan of. But I am starting to like, I have to say, the vegetables a bit more.

Let's do the limes next. Same with the limes, definitely I suggest you cut the inside out. Get rid of that skin. Because I have actually tried it once, juicing it with the skin, once or twice. And it was just so overpowering! Good if you love lime, but I like the taste of lime, but I don't like it so much that it is overpowering.

The reason that I am using lemon and lime by the way, is that both lemon and lime are very alkaline based fruits. So they are very, very good for your body. They just really help defuse some of the other tastes you may not like. So for that reason I actually use those.

And I use one whole lemon, that you saw me put in. And you obviously saw me, I'm using one whole lime as well.

OK, this can be something you can decide for yourself. You might decide it is too overpowering. I started off on less than this, around about a half of each. But over time ...

... if I can just cut this properly. Louise, help me out! ...

Louise: Smells absolutely beautiful, I must say!

Tim: Very fresh juice.

Louise: Mouth watering.

Tim: You can have some of this in a minute.

Louise: Thank you very much!

Tim: For those wondering, Louise isn't doing a juice fast.

But, to be fair, she doesn't really need to either. It's me that needs to lose the weight, and it obviously works well for me.

Louise: I am going to do a couple a day.

Tim: Right, so that's the lime. Next, I've got some cucumber. Now, cucumber I have already taken the time, because I'm not very good at cutting the skin off. I do recommend that you get rid of all the skin of the cucumber. And the reason is that it is very, very overpowering. Now, if you like cucumber, by all means obviously do it your way. But in my case, I like it, but not that much. So, for that reason, I've actually done it that way and removed the skin.

Now, I think it's about time we juiced that first bit. So we'll just put this bit down now, into the container. I hope you can still hear me while it's on.

[ The juicer starts up ].

OK, first bit done.

Now, I've also got some greens of course, and some vegetables. Carrot, 1 carrot. Obviously with your fruits and vegetables you should be washing them. Depending on where you get them from obviously, but it's a good idea to do that. With the carrots I'm putting it in with the skin.

Oops! I tried to throw it away. I'll put it in with the skin, but I have chopped off the edges.

I have got some broccoli, two lots of broccoli. I'll put that in as well.

And we have also got some apples. Apples are also very important I find, to just help that taste. I'll chop that in half and I will just get rid of this lot before we put some more in.

Louise: Get those stickers off?

Tim: You should.

Louise: No, get those stickers off.

Tim: Yes, I should. These already have the stickers off.

I don't know whether you guys get that in America, but in Australia we get stickers on individual pieces of apple, on individual apples I should say. So you need to make sure that that's off.

OK, let's do this lot.

[ juicer starts up again ]

Louise: How much juice do you have so far, Tim?

Tim: We've got about 8 oz, which is about 200, 250 ml. But we'll find once we do the celery, which I'm doing next. I've got some celery now. I've got 2 long pieces of celery. Now I use the stalks and the actual leaves as well. Some people say you shouldn't, but I just put the lot in. I haven't died yet, so I am assuming I'm doing the right thing.

I started off when I first started juicing I was only doing a little bit, and I was actually cutting it. But I'm just putting it all in now. So we'll do that bit now.

There's quite a bit of juice out of that.

Alright, next, some spinach. Again this is washed spinach. I just normally fold it and put it in like that. Same deal of course, just juice that.

[ Juicer runs again ].

Giving me a bit of a workout.

I'll leave that last bit in there, and when we put the next lot of fruit in it will push it down.

Now, I'm going to use half an orange today, even though I cut up a whole one. And I am going to use a second apple. I normally don't go any more than that. But depending on where you are in your juice fast, early on you might be putting more fruit to get rid of that taste of vegetables if you are not a vegetables fan.

I know some people love vegetables, but I don't. When I first started juicing I didn't like the vegetables. So I wanted to put more fruit in. But you need to be careful not to put too much fruit in, because fruit has got a lot of sugar in it. And that will delay or slow down your weight loss.

There's a half (orange). And I am just going to put in half.

And lastly I'm going to put in the second apple. Again, this is optional. You can change it to whatever combination you want, but this is the combination that works for me.

So this is the last bit now. I am going to juice that.

[ Juicer runs again ]

And we are done!

Now I'm going to just do the final step now which is obviously wait until it stops, and we'll have a look. I will show you what it looks like.

Now that is what it is like before I've mixed it up. You can see it's a combination of green and red. I am going to pour that in a glass shortly.

Now, that's around 20 oz there, which is about 600 ml.

Louise: It's pretty green!

Tim: It's pretty green. So it's a good sign that we are having our greens, we're eating the right stuff. And I'll pour that out now.

[ phone rings ]

Tim: And just ignore that, that's the phone ringing in the background.

We made a joke before we started videoing actually that it would ring, and it has.

And you can see that is extremely green.

And, Louise, are you going to be our taste tester?

Louise: Yes

Tim: What?!




Tim: Or maybe I will.

So that's around about 20 oz guys, 550 ml, between 550 and 600 ml.

And I am going to have a drink of that. Cheers!

Louise: Cheers!

Tim: There you go!

Quite nice. I actually did my teeth about 15 minutes ago, so I am feeling a bit of a weird taste. 

That is my staple juice. That is my staple juice. And again you can mix it to taste.

And Louise is now actually having a sip. 

Be honest!

Louise: It's nowhere near as bad as you would think it would taste! It's actually not too bad.

Tim: And again, you can put some more fruit in it, if you want to defuse the taste of vegetables, if you're not a vegetables fan. I think I said earlier but I started off having a lot more fruit, and I have cut it back over time. You could even go less, you could go more vegetables, or less, in terms of less apples and so forth. But I think that's a good combination, and the fruits we are using here, especially the lemon and lime, are very good for you. And obviously the vegetables are all very, very, very good for you. They've got lots of great minerals and vitamins and so forth.

OK, so there you go. So that's really my ending process.

I think Louise you wanted to say something about composting?

Louise: Don't forget to compost all that lovely left overs.

Tim: Exactly, because there is so much good stuff here that can go into your garden,...

Louise: Or worm farm...

Tim: Or worm farm, or whatever you are going to do.

Louise: They will love you.

Tim: And they will love you and they will have a good feed on it, which I am about to do with the rest of this drink.

So, thank you very much for watching guys. Thanks again to Louise. 

And I will see you tomorrow with my Day 41 update!

Cheers for now.

You can watch a high definition version of this Juicing Fast video here if you wish.

1 comment:

  1. Yes you are right "Juicing is not a new concept." but now people focus more on juices because they want Juicing For Weight Loss without being weak.

    ReplyDelete