Pages

Sunday 7 August 2011

Day 27 - Are There Really Energy Drink Dangers?

Hi, Tim here with my Day 27 update.

Yes, I'm still going with my juice fast. Getting up close to the halfway mark. Tomorrow is going to mark the halfway mark of my juice plan.

I have lost, since yesterday, 0.4 kg, which is about .9 of a pound, just about 1 pound. Overall my weight loss is now 12.7 kilograms, which is pretty close to 28 pounds.

So, still feeling good, still feeling fantastic, still feeling in control. I had a couple of thoughts today.


Firstly, the word juice fast. 'Fast', to me conjures up a negative sort of vibe. I saw someone used the word 'feast'. I thought that was a good idea. Any other ideas? I'm open to any other ideas to call it. Because it seems such a negative thing to say that you are on a fast, because traditionally that means you're 'going without'. Whereas I think what we're doing is actually giving your body the nutrients it needs. So I'm going to have a think and see if I can come up with a better phrase, and see if we can get that phrase out there and being used in everyday life.



Not a lot else to report. As I said everything's on track and feeling good, and everything is still quite easy. The other thing I wanted to talk about was the number of drinks I'm having per day.

What I have done in the past I have been trying to have about 500mls three times a day, which is somewhere between 16 to 18 fluid ounces I think, for you US folk. And what I have found in the past few days is that I haven't been feeling hungry at all during lunch time. So I have had something at breakfast, and then something in the evening. And I have just found that I don't want to have any juice at lunch time. So I have done that for two days in a row. I am not consciously trying to avoid it. I just feel I don't need it, so I'm not thinking about it.

Anyone else out there having a similar thing? I would be interested to know whether that's happening for you as well.

I am making sure though that I drink plenty of fluid, because it's obviously important to keep hydrated. So if you are cutting back your juices a little bit, make sure you're topping up with water and having plenty of water. And I do tend to avoid drinking low calorie smoothies, since I’m focusing more on juices.

Of course, the other thing is, if you try and actively stop giving yourself too much juice, thinking that perhaps you're going to lose some more weight, your body can go into a protection, survival type mode.

[ Can you hear that rain out there? Pouring with rain out here in Australia. I don't know whether you can hear it. I'll just stop for a minute. Not sure whether the microphone will get it, but is absolutely belting out there. I gather you folks in the US have got some heat at the moment, but that's certainly not the case here in Adelaide at the moment. ]

But anyway, what I was saying was if you are trying to cut back, and thinking, well, I'm only going to have one or two juices a day, and you're trying to do without, your body goes into survival mode where it actually thinks that there is a problem with you getting enough nutrition. And that hinders your weight loss. Make sure you don't do that purposely. Also do avoid energy drinks since they have a lot of energy drink dangers.

So if you are feeling hungry you should be having something. Absolutely you should be having some apple juice or a substitute for apple juice which is by far one of the healthiest drinks in the world. So, in my case, if I'm not feeling hungry, then I don't feel I'm going without. So the last two days I have only had the two juices. So I will see how I go today. If I feel I'm getting a bit hungry I will certainly have some.

I would be very interested in hearing about your experiences on that.

Alright, well I'm going to go now. That's all for today. And I will see you tomorrow for my Day 28 update, which is going to be a good one, because I will be halfway through my juice fast, to finishing!

Cheers for now.

You can watch a high definition version of this Energy Drink Dangers here if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment