Pages

Thursday 11 August 2011

Day 31 - Craving More For Low Carb Vegetables

Hi, Tim here, with my Day 31 update.

Since yesterday I have lost .3 kg, which is about .66 pound.

Total weight loss now, since I started, is 14.6 kilos, which is 32 1/4 pounds.

Everything is still on track. I'm still feeling good. I've had a few temptations. We had about ten people over yesterday. We had a big luncheon here. This was after I shot yesterday's video. And lots of food. Lots of cakes and pies. Everyone brought a plate and so forth.


I managed to stay out of it, stay clear of it. I had some work to do anyway, which was lucky enough. But later on in the afternoon when I had finished my work I went out there and mingled with the guests, and no, I wasn't tempted.



People were saying, "Aren't you tempted? Wouldn't you want to eat this type of food?"

And, "No, absolutely not!" Then I went to my brother-in-law's house in the evening. We went there for a meal, and I took my juice. And they had - he's got a pizza oven, his own pizza oven. An outdoor pizza oven made of brick where you put a fire in there and you can make your own pizzas.

Beautiful smell, I have to say! Of pizza and also home made garlic bread. But again, not tempted and wasn't prepared to break the fast.

So, still feeling strong. And even this morning, I noticed my partner Louise, who has gone out now, with Sarah, they've gone out to look for dolphins. They're going on a cruise to look for dolphins, which is pretty exciting for them.

And I noticed there was cake left out on the kitchen bench and so forth, and yes, briefly, I thought, hmm, you know, it just brought back old memories, of in the past, I would have sit down and eaten probably half a cake, quite easily. And I would have had a large glass of milk with that. I would have found some chocolate. I would have eaten that, and I probably would have felt OK eating that, for those few minutes, but afterwards it would have been a world of regret! Well, maybe not "world", but it would have been a long period of time I would have regretted it.

Again, I managed to stay clear of it.

So, interesting enough I was late doing my juice this morning because I had to go out and help someone move a trailer actually. And it was about 10 o'clock by the time I got back home and hadn't had my juice. So I was wondering whether the fact that I had had a later juice than normal was the reason that I was feeling a bit more temptation than I would normally have felt.

All interesting. But all secured, and I managed to pass the test, and not give up.

Now, a few other things. I am hoping to do a video soon showing my juicing. I can't actually do that now, over the next couple of days, because I am on a trip to Melbourne that I forgot about when I talked about this in the previous video. I'm going to Melbourne tomorrow and I'm going there for a conference which is on Saturday, and I am not back until late Sunday.

So, I am still going to try and mix in my videos while I am over there. I hope to do just quick updates. But I probably won't get to "weigh" until I get back, so that's going to be interesting. But I will check in, because obviously I'm going to a few social events while I'm over there, and there will still be me needing to make sure I'm staying strong and focused and so forth (which, of course, I will be!).

I'm staying at my brother's place, and he has done a juice fast before. He's done a 5 day juice fast before, quite successfully, and actually I'll give him the credit for showing me all about juice fasts. So we are planning to stay on the juices, and we will actually take a thermos of juice to the conference on the Saturday. Because obviously there will be plenty of food around there, and there's a lunch break, and there will be local shops, etc. etc. So, I want to steer clear of that. I will make sure that I dont' get involved in any of the other foods.

So, overall, everything is going well. Do expect that juicing update. It will probably be Monday, my time now, which is Sunday in the US, before I get that video to you. Because I will be back too late on Sunday to do it, and then it will be Monday over here.

So Monday morning I aim to do that. So what I will do is I will go through and talk about all the fruits and low carb vegetables that I use, and then I will show you how I juice with a commercial juicer. Pretty straight forward, but I will show you anyway, because lots of people have been asking about how to go about juicing celery, juicing beets, and etc. This is a little thing that I think I can do to help, in the meantime, I'm quite happy to do it.

Alright, I'll leave it there for now. And almost certainly the video tomorrow is probably going to be late, because I will be flying early in the morning. So I will get a chance some time in my day to do it.

So, rest assured the update is coming, but it may be coming a bit later in the day. And as I said, I'm still going to be doing the videos the other days that I'm there, but due to the timing, and the fact that I'm not in my own house and so forth, they may be a lot later than they normally come out.

Hang in there, I'm still keen, and focused, and I hope I'm helping you guys out. And I will talk to you again tomorrow, some time.

Cheers for now.

You can watch a high definition version of this Low Carb Vegetables video here if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment