Pages

Monday 15 August 2011

Day 35 - Calories In Watermelon - What Is The Real Deal?

Hello!

Tim here with my Day 35 update.

Yes, I'm now 5 weeks, today, into my health fast, or my juice fast, I should say.

Only 3 weeks to go, 21 days to go, today.

So I'm feeling pretty pumped!


Now, since the last time I weighed, if you have been following along with the videos, the last 3 days I have been unable to weigh, because I have been interstate from South Australia. I am back today, and since then I have lost 1.2 kilos, which is about 2.6 pounds.



So that brings to a total of 16 kilograms, my entire weight loss, which is about 35 1/4 pounds. So, today I'm actually halfway to my weightloss goal. If you have watched my original video, in my original videos, probably the first 3 or 4 days I talked about it more than most of them, my original goal was to lose 32 kilos, which is around 70 pounds.

So today makes the halfway mark. I have lost 50% of the weight I wanted to lose. So I am feeling pretty excited about that.

I am thinking now, as I get further on that I probably won't go to 32 kilograms. I still have at least 10 kilograms to go. So at the moment I am 95.4 kilograms. That's 210 1/4 pounds. And I am thinking probably another 10 kilos will do it. So I'm probably looking now at a revised goal, based on how my body is looking, and how I'm feeling, will probably be about 85 kilos, which is around about another 10 kilos to go.

So I am hoping in the next 21 days I can actually lose that 10 kilos, so my revised goal will be 85 kilos, and I'll meet that on the last day of my juice fast. That's where I think I'm at now. But as I get closer to that 85 kilos, if I feel that I have still got some weight to lose then I'll tone that back up and I'll still stick to the 80.

A couple of things I want to talk about. Basically, transitioning. It's getting more and more important for me to think about transitioning off this juice fast. This is something that if you are doing a juice fast, or thinking of doing one, you must spend time thinking: "How am I going to get off this juice fast?" In terms of, what are you going to do after the juice fast ends. Because of course the problem is if you do nothing, more than likely you'll get off this juice fast and fall into old habits, and you'll get back into the same regime, eating the same bad foods, and you'll regain all the weight you lost.

And I can tell you now quite categorically, I'm not going back to my old weight. I'm not going to go back there. So I what I have to do is change. I have to update my thinking and figure out a way forward.

So, now I'm looking at Dr Fuhrman's "Eat For Health" program at the moment. And I will talk more about that tomorrow, but basically I'm really finding that I need to get my thoughts together on what I'm going to do, and I think that's the way to go. He promotes a largely vegetarian lifestyle, but look, not exclusively. The Eat For Health book that he promotes, and I will put the links on YouTube, there are 2 books, I also bought the audio.

There are four phases. He talks about phase 1. So if you were starting this and you didn't do a juice fast, and you wanted to transition to healthier food, you would start off on that approach. And that's if you were still eating meat and so forth. But he goes right through to Phase 4, which is sort of the healthiest option.

Now, the thing is with that, because you don't, well, in my case, because I have done a juice fast for 35 days, I am probably going to need to start at Phase 4. Because his phase 4 has got lots of greens and so forth, and the reason he has got phase 1, 2, 3, 4, is that he is combating addiction. You know, the fact that earlier on it is hard to not want to be eating the old foods and so forth.

Well, look, in 35 days I have eliminated all of my addictive food. So if I went back to Phase 1 of his plan, Eat For Health, that would mean introducing lots more meats, and lots of the bad stuff. So I'm thinking I need to go directly to Phase 4.

So, have a look at that book on Amazon. As I said, the link's there. So just click on the little link below this video, if you are on YouTube, and it gives you a link to go directly to YouTube. I'm finding that book to be absolutely tremendous in terms of the value that I'm getting out of it.

And I think that's going to be a real plan for me.

And look he's got lots of healthy stuff. And look, he's even got a particular chocolate dip, or something like that, made of healthy ingredients. He's got his own exclusive cocoa powder, which I think he sells on his website. And he's got all these other delicious components which are largely healthy.

So, the point is, you don't have to do without all this stuff. But you'll be finding if you want to be wanting to eat more of the healthy stuff. And that's really what I'm aiming to do - is to transition off this juice fast and to eat as healthily as I can, without being a saint.

I'm not going to try and be a saint and eat 100% perfect. And his Eat For Health program seems to really cater for that.

So that's what I'm looking at, at this stage. But I'll talk more about that during the week.

The other second thing I wanted to talk about before I ended today, is that the actual juicing video is coming. I am definitely doing those this week. I'm back home from my trip.

By the way, in case you're wondering about this video being on a funny angle, my iMac which I bought brand new in May/June this year, when the new iMac models came out, developed a fault, and I had to take it back for repair. So I'm actually recording this on my MacBook Pro, which is a notebook. Consequently the video angle is a little bit different.

But anyway, getting back to the juicing. That is coming this week, and I am also going to talk specifically about the juices that I have, which hopefully will help some of you guys that are just starting, the amount of calories in watermelon, more liquid diet recipes, or just to try a few different things. Because I'm now open to trying different juices.

But I will talk more about that later in the week.

That's it. Thanks very much for watching. I will talk to you soon!

Cheers for now.

You can watch a high definition version of this Calories In Watermelon video here if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment