Pages

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Day 23 - The Benefits of Celery Are Amazing

Hi all, Tim here, with my Day 23 update.

My juice fast, for those of you are just coming to this video the first time, I have just been doing this for now 23 days, and every day I have put a video up on YouTube, letting you know how much weight I have lost, how I am feeling, and what I have learnt along the way.

So I have lost another .2 of a kilo, which is around about half a pound. It is around about half a pound, so over all I have now lost 11.2 kg, which is about 24 3/4 pounds and nearly 25 pounds in 22 days because this is the start of Day 23.

So, you can, things are still going well.I have still got no real feelings that I need to eat badly. I'm not finding it hard more and more, probably in the last week or so, I have been putting more vegetables in.



I wanted to talk today about the benefits of celery, because celery was something that I decided I did not want to take advantage of a long time, because I just did not like the taste. But let me tell you now that celery is something that you definitely should be putting in your juice fast, every day, if you can, if you can bear the taste. And I will give you some tips towards the end of the video as to how to get over the taste, even though you are not a celery lover.

Firstly, celery, believe it or not, is high in vitamin C. It also has got stuff in there to lower blood pressure, fantastic, lower cholesterol, and there's even something in there, in what it's composed of, has been shown to prevent cancer. That's pretty major isn't it!

So once I figured out some of the things that celery had, I felt, look I have to be juicing a lot of this stuff, because it's obviously going to help me. Before I started on Day One, I did have problems. My cholesterol was high. It was just on the range where it was going to a problem. The doctor said it wasn't abnormally high, but having a nurse in the family, the doctors, what they say is high, and what is high, can be two different things. The fact is it was above normal, which was potentially a cause of concern. So the fact now that I can be reducing this stuff by drinking celery juice is absolutely amazing to me. And that is one of the reasons that I am now starting to you.

And you use that as a reason that the the line the is saying to you you should be in leading celery as one of your ingredients in your juices every day.

And what I am doing is I am actually having celery in every one of my juices. Because what I am doing is breakfast, lunch, dinner and I am having a juice for each time, around about that time when people norBmally eat. Because I don't want to be totally antisocial. Now the family still sit down and eat I'm not going to hold myself away from that. So I am actually getting involved in that and being there as opposed to thinking, Oh well, they are eating, I'd better not join them in case I get urges to eat, or anything like that.

So I am quite happy for people to be sitting there, and they can be eating whatever and I feel nothing. And I can't believe that! I can't believe that I can get a smell of the taste of chocolate, if someone is eating chocolate next to me, and I have just got no motivation, no urges, no impulses to eat that! That is all because of the juices. Iit can't be anything else because I have tried to get away from that type of food for about 30 years of my adult life, unsuccessfully.

The only thing I have changed, recently, is the juice. I have changed to a juice fast for the last 22 full days and my body has started to heal itself.

Now I am looking forward to having a chat with my doctor. I was going to do this week, but now I'm going to go next week, and I'm going to get my blood pressure tested again, and my cholesterol. And I am not going to be at all surprised if we find that both of those have gone down to really "normal" levels.

And it's going to really pump me up to know that it is nothing else. I'm taking no medications. Just looking after my body by looking at the nutrients that are going into it, I can change my life. So I'm going to report back to you next week on that, and let you know what the doctor's findings are, and how overall I am tracking.

What else, yes, basically, the whole process is juicing vegetables. That's what it is all about. Obviously fruits are part of the process as well, but I'm not actually having anywhere near as much fruit as what I was before.

A tip for someone out there, and I have seen some people around the place coming back and saying they're having troubles. They're not losing weight with juices, and why aren't they losing the weight on their juice fast. Check out the fruit content. Chances are you could be having too much fruit, which has got a lot of fructose in it, which although it is natural, it is usually a bad thing to have too much of that. You want to keep your sugar impact to a minimum. And fructose is basically nature's sugar, and too much of that can actually stop your weight loss, and can actually be a negative thing as well, because your body can't refuel with too much fructose. Unlike a lot of other things that your body can break down, there's really only a certain area of your body that can deal with fructose, so if you have too much there's an overload, and your body doesn't know what to do, and chances are that it will actually end up getting stored somewhere. Because your body has to deal with it somehow. That's how you can retain weight. So if you're having too much fructose your body starts storing the fructose as sugar, because it doesn't know how else to deal with it. It can't break it down as quickly as it can other things. And you're actually in trouble.

So if you are looking to lose weight, and maybe you're trying the juice fast, try to cut down on the amount of fruit.

Just to give you a rough idea, I'm still having the juice of probably 3 apples a day. 1 apple in each one of my juices. In terms of the other fruit, I normally put kiwi fruit in my breakfast (not lunch or dinner). And sometimes I will put a pear in my lunch or dinner one as well. I'm cutting down, other than that.

In the past, for the last 7 - 14 days of my juice fast, I was using a lot more fruit. But I have really cut down on that. And I'm thinking that going back to the vegetables with the low fructose, low amounts of sugars, with all these other benefits, (you know, like I just read out to you, the benefits of celery) is really going to make a difference.

The other thing was grapefruit. Grapefruit, lemon and lime are the three other staples that I am putting in each meal (and they are great to mask celery taste!). Because I know that they can alkaline your body. They have really good alkali. This really helps your body. Because your body, I think I've said to you before in another video, is naturally acidic. So by putting things in like grapefruit, lemon and lime, which are the three big ones, that can really counter that and really help you. So I am recommending that you have those.

In a future video I'll talk to you specifically about what the benefits of the three of them are. I've talked to you about lemon in the past, but I will come back and go through that alkaline side of things, just to make that clear. Because this is something that can be of benefit to you while you're doing this juice fast as well.

So I will talk about that in a future video, hopefully tomorrow if I can get my act together and I'm not coughing all the time!

Alright, well that's all for today. I just wanted to update you on my progress. Everything is going well, and I will see you tomorrow for Day 24!

Cheers for now.

You can watch a high definition version of this Benefits of Celery here if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment