Pages

Sunday 14 August 2011

Day 34 - Getting The Most Out Of Your Juicing Benefits

Hi guys,

Tim here with my Day 34 juice fasting update. Yes, I'm still going. And today is my last day in Melbourne, Australia. I am actually back home later this afternoon. So I am getting picked up in about an hour's time and then shooting up to the airport and then going back to Adelaide.

Consequently I haven't weighed myself again today. This is the third day straight I haven't weighed myself. Well, actually it will be by the time I weigh myself tomorrow morning. I'm expecting a good weight loss. It will be interesting to see how much I lose out of that.

Whoa! [Tim catches an orange which was thrown to him from offscreen.]

About to have some of these beauties! Anthony, how are you going? [throws orange back offscreen to Anthony]. Good catch!

Anthony: Good Tim, really good mate. 8:34am, I'm very impressed. Well done. Keep it up.


Thank you, yes, I'm feeling pretty good too. And yes, for all you people out there looking for motivation, I hope that these videos that I'm doing are actually giving you motivation. Because it's motivating me hearing feedback from your comments and hearing of your success. Because we're getting people's messages on my videos saying that they have started a juice fast and that they have lost weight already.



So, let's change the world! Let's get this message out that a juice fast is a great way to quickly lose a large amount of weight, but also to do it very healthily.

Just a couple of things. I'll start off with number 1.

The first one is I'm still getting messages from people, from time to time, asking number 1, Is this healthy?

Now, obviously I'm not a doctor. So it is a good idea to go and speak to your doctor about this. But generally speaking, fruits and vegetables are the healthiest kinds of vegetables you can have, and have a ton of juicing benefits. So the fact that you are on a juice fast, I wouldn't it's going to be a lifetime thing that you would stick to a juice fast, 3 meals a day, for years or anything like that. But for a short period of time just with the juice, I think there's not really a lot that's going to be much healthier than that. And then, transitioning off that, to a diet primarily based on fruits, vegetables, perhaps nuts, seeds and so forth as well, is going to be incredibly healthy for you. So that's number one.

Number two, people ask me about supplements. Do we need to have supplements when we're taking a juice fast?

Well, if you think about it, what are supplements, generally? They are to make up for deficiencies in your diet, where you haven't hadn't enough of a particular thing, you know, vitamin C or whatever the case may be.

A press juicer, and a couple of fruits and vegetables give you pretty well everything you need! Again, I'm not suggesting that I'm a doctor or anything of that nature, but generally you won't need any supplements. That's what the fruits and vegetables are doing, just for you. They are giving you the goodness, the healthiness your body needs. They are giving you the maximum nutrition, is what I'm saying. It's just incredibly healthy.

So, no, generally speaking you don't need to have anything else.

Another question I get is, can I still have tea or coffee?

Look, there's no single rule here that applies. In other words, a juice fast does not mean that you have to not have coffee. But, when I started this on Day 1, 34 days ago, I decided not to have any coffee or any tea at all, or anything else, any other dairy products, or anything else.

I decided to have juice only, and water.

So I really took the hard road in many roads, but it's the safest road. Because if you're having coffee, that has got caffeine in it. And caffeine has been known to affect hunger, for argument's sake, and it is an addictive substance. So, you know, just the fact that you have caffeine while you are on a juice fast could actually in some ways sway how far you can get on your juice fast.

So, keep that in mind.

But, look, again, there's no clear rule. There's nothing that says that to "succeed" on a juice fast you have to do it for 10 days, or 20 days, or 30 days or whatever. I decided that I was "sufficiently overweight" (if that's the right term) to require a 56 day juice fast and really sort myself out.

And that's why I took perhaps such a radical approach of signing up for the 56 days.

You might decide to start on only 5 days. Or 10 days, or whatever the case might be.

Well, that's about it for today guys. There's not really a lot else to talk about. As I said I'm going to be back in Adelaide tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to weighing myself and letting you know what my weight loss is.

[Drops an carrot thrown from offscreen]. Whoops! Dropped it! Point, in the AFL rules, and it has gone under the TV. Sorry about that! That was a piece of carrot I was supposed to catch.

Can't really edit that I don't think! We'll get that later!

Anyway we will leave it there for now, and I will see you for Day 35 tomorrow,

Cheers for now.

You can watch a high definition version of this Juicing Benefits video here if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment