Pages

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Day 8 - Liquid Diet Recipes Beware!

Hi all,

Tim here with my Day Eight update. Yes I have finished now a complete seven days of this juice fast!

The last seven full days I have been hard at work making lifestyle changes, dramatic lifestyle changes and living exclusively on juice, and doing quite well I have to say.

Overnight I lost .6 of the kilogram which is 1.3 pounds bringing my total weight loss for the last seven full days to 5.6 kg which is about 12.3 pounds.

So quite a good effort - I think. I'm very pleased with the results of that first week.



Incidentally, I didn't mention on Day One that I measured my waist line. And at the start of Day One I was 120 cm, which is 47.25 inches around the waist and I measured myself this morning and I'm now 113 cm which is 44.5 inches. So I am pretty pleased with that. That's quite a significant loss as well.

And incidentally just speaking about that, Louise my partner just commented earlier tonight, she actually rolled over to cuddle, and she noticed how her arm went around more than it normally fits, so obviously my weight has come down dramatically for her to say that. So I was pretty pleased to hear that.

So again there are other things to keep in mind if you are doing this. If you have started this and perhaps not seen weight loss every day. Consider that maybe there will be some days we might be losing inches off your waist, or your chest for argument's sake which I didn't measure, as opposed to losing weight. But hopefully you should be losing both.

I have now lost weight for the last seven days in a row and I'm looking forward to continuing right through the days through the entire 56 day challenge, if I can possibly achieve it. I don't know how this is all happening but the fact that it is happening I'm very, very happy to accept this weight loss. Because I've wanted virtually all my adult life to lose weight and I am now finding that I am able to so I'm really feeling happy about that.

I have been doing a little bit of research about liquid diet recipes on the Internet. And look there's so much misinformation that I am finding there about things that you should have and that you shouldn't have, you know, talking about low carb vegetables and so forth. What I wanted to talk about briefly was protein.

Because I actually found yesterday afternoon, it was a little bit hard going for me. I was thinking can I keep this up? And I almost felt like I wanted something else. I was starting to consider that, and I did have this feeling that I wanted a big steak. Certainly it was something which I was starting to think about. Incidentally, I made it through and I didn't end up going off, so I am still on the juice fast.

But I went through and did the water trick that I was talking about yesterday where I drank plenty of water and then asked myself again whether I was hungry and I got through that.

But I was thinking a little bit more about proteins and I realized that when you are doing this you should be really focusing on vegetables that are high in protein. Because that's really when you eat it big steak and you feel quite full, that's actually the protein from the steak helping you feel full.

So I did a bit of research and I found that beans are pretty well almost the highest thing you can get in protein. But unfortunately they don't blend very well. You need a lot of beans to get very little juice. So I tried that for the first time yesterday.

So I will keep you up-to-date on that and see how I go. There are other ways to extract more juice, but certainly I tried that anyway. Soya beans are also quite good. I just used the normal stringbeans. But soya beans are almost the highest source of protein but also broccoli, and spinach is a really good with protein as well. So keep that in mind. Lentils too, apparently, which I haven't tried it yet, are also really good so that could be something to consider as well.

But yeah, talking about liquid diet recipes, I think we should be having a mixture of perhaps a little bit of sweetness and some vegetables maybe that you don't necessarily like, but also ones that are high in protein. I think there is a good balance there.

And I'm finding that I can get away with drinking stuff that even though I can't cope with celery - and I know that celery is supposed to be good for you, because it has got zero category calories or very low in calories anyway but I can't deal with celery at the moment so I'm not using that - But I am trying other things like parsley, carrot.

So I am going to try and put together in the coming days and weeks some recipes of what I have found to be quite nice and what isn't very nice, and so forth. Just to help you out if you are doing a similar thing, if you're starting out on your juice fast journey, so that you're not having to experiment. You can go straight to the stuff that you know probably tastes all right.

I talked also previously about the benefits of wheatgrass already in a previous video. I really can't get into wheatgrass but it does have some great benefits. I just can't get into the taste. It would be interesting to know how other people cope with that. I don't know whether you like wheatgrass or not but I just can't get into it.

I have also mentioned the benefits of lemon juice as well in the past. That is something that I do have. I'd try and have a bit of lemon in almost every juice that I can. Very overpowering. So keep that in mind, that it doesn't take much to take over the entire taste of everything else. It's good in the sense that if you are wanting to get rid of vegetable tastes you don't like but if you have too much it ends up being very citric, or citrus tasting I should say. And it's not really nice unless you like that taste.

So I started putting in half a lemon with my juice and that was for about 500 mls, 16 to 18 ounces, and I found I was too much. So I'm just cutting a slice, with the peel, and blending that. And I am finding that's usually more than enough to taste the lemon in there. So that could just be my taste buds. But who knows other people that I have spoken to sometimes put half a lemon in there, and they're quite happy with that taste. So your mileage may vary is what I'm saying.

A press juicer is another idea that people might think about. With a press juicer, that's where you can get a piece of fruit and manually squeeze it. I'm not really into those. I like just to use an everyday juicer. I've got a Breville Fountain. In Australia it is just called a Breville Fountain. It's one of the best selling ones in Australia and that has worked very well for me. I don't find I need a commercial juicer. So if people want to scale it up and go to the really high-end ones which cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars: I don't think you need it. The one I bought was under 200 dollars. Once again it was a Breville - I'll try and find the brand name and put a link somewhere so that you can go and have a look. And I found that was really good. It does a really good job.

The only thing I will say is that it takes a long time to clean. And in my case because I am preparing the juice fresh everytime I drink it. I'm not actually preparing it once for the whole day or anything like that. I'm doing it each time and am finding that it is a bit to clean up. But I mean it's good to get away from work, or if I'm doing something else, anyway. It's good to be focusing on something else. So I don't particularly mind that very much.

I don't think there's a lot else I wanted to talk about today. Still on track on the juice fast and overall still doing quite well. I think I will leave it there for now and I will catch up it with you for a Day Nine update tomorrow.

Bye for now.

You can watch a high definition version of this Liquid Diet Recipes Video here if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment