Pages

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Juice Fast Plan Update For Day 16

Hello Tim here with my day 16 update.

Yes, I am still on my juice fast plan. Juicing vegetables and having a good time on this juice diet. Whoops, it's not a juice diet, it's actually a juice plan. I don't like using the word diet because I've got negative perceptions – to me, dieting is a negative thing. I guess because I have been on multiple diets, many diets over the years and failed. I don't want this to be at diet. So I am calling this my juice fast plan. And so far it is working quite well.


Overnight, or since the last time I weighed yesterday, I have lost .5 of a kilo, which is about 1.1 pounds. And overall now that is 8.9 kg, which is just under 20 pounds, about 19.6 pounds that I have lost since starting this.



And incidentally my original goal was to lose 32 kg which is around 70 pounds. And so I have still got just over 23 kg to go, which is about 51 pounds. So over all I would have to say I am pretty pleased with the way things are going. As you know, the weight is coming off. I would like it perhaps to be coming off a bit faster, but yesterday I think was the smallest ever weight loss. It was only point one of a kilo, which is about 1/5 of one pound. Very small amount of weight loss. But it was still weight loss.

So today it is kicking back in at half a kilogram off, so 1.1 pounds. I am happy with that. So I will just keep working away and see how I go. This process of juicing is not particularly hard. You don't need any sort of high industrial strength juice or anything like that. A basic juicer that you can get from your supermarket is all you will actually need. I use the Breville Fountain. I think it's called the Fountain Plus in America. It is a very basic juicer. And what I am doing is just vegetables and fruits.

I am trying to mix them up. In the morning I tend to have the fruit only. So I will stick to something like, I like multiple combinations, so I will have: grapefruit; I will also have watermelon; rockmelon; apples; a few strawberries. I think that's about it. And that tastes very nice.  Occasionally I will have some pear as well. That all mixed up together is very nice. I would normally have that for breakfast and sometimes I will have that for lunch as well, or I will try and add some vegetables to it.

So the vegetables that I have: this would be traditionally spinach, broccoli and sometimes beans, although I am finding beans, even though they are high in protein which is the reason that I have selected them, they don't tend to juice very well, in terms of... there's not a lot of juice, there's not much return on the amount you put in. So I find that you put the beans in and you only get a small amount of juice. So they are the two vegetables that I stick to, and also carrot.

So my midday meal, my juice fast drink, is not anywhere near as much variety of fruits. I tend to obviously go for the apples still, and try and do a lemony type taste, (or grapefruit), which will get rid of that taste of the vegetables that I don't like. And that seems to work quite well..

And then in the evening I try and do mostly vegetables. Just a little bit. You know a few basics, definitely apples and some lemon and grapefruit just to defuse that taste little bit.

And in terms of what I am drinking it's only three times a day. I find that I don't need to drink any more. There's lots of research will suggest that you need to drink a lot more than that. But I'm finding now that I am getting into a bit of a ritual here, that three a day is comfortable. The first at breakfast I often don't have that until 9:00 or 9:30 in the morning because by the time I've gone for a walk and then had a shower and so forth, time has kicked on and I am not feeling the hunger.

Then again I never felt hungry generally. That's a pretty common symptom if you are overweight. I am sure if you haven't started a juice fast and you are looking to do this and you are overweight you are probably not that hungry at breakfast time. That the majority of the research that I have found suggests that that is the case.

My biggest danger period was the mid afternoon, mid to late afternoon, evening that this that's when I would binge too much and eat too much of the junk food..

So anyway I am not that hungry at breakfast. So by lunchtime I am still not particularly hungry. I am not feeling that hunger. And it gets sometimes to 1:00 or 1:30 and I think okay I could have something to drink. I could have something to fill the stomach a little bit but I'm not particularly that fussed. So I will have a normal juice then.

Incidentally, I am drinking water throughout that period of time. I am drinking quite a lot of water. But nothing else. I know some people are talking about drinking green tea. Green tea has got caffeine, so I don't suggest you do that. That's my personal suggestion.

Obviously you need to research this yourself and come up with that decision. I have really gone cold turkey in the sense that I have gone off everything other than the juice and water. That's the only two things that I am drinking at the moment. No coffee, no milk anything like that. Although you could probably get away with it, to me is that is a little bit – if I'm going to go this radical, I may as well go the whole way and actually do it properly and get the maximum results. That's the way that I look at it.

So anyway. By 1:30 sometimes I am still not particularly hungry. But I will have my juice and I will feel quite full after that. And then at 6:30, sometimes even 7:00 I will have my juice in the evenings.

Very interesting about the hunger. It is a different type of hunger altogether. What I think it is is that cravings versus hunger. I definitely haven't got cravings for any type of food any more at all. The only thing I get now is just a "yes, you are hungry now, have something" as opposed to those really strong cravings that you have for junk food. It just goes to show you how much crap is in these junk foods for them to have that sort of pull over you. All the sugar and processed fats and processed whether, whatever else they are putting in these foods, are really quite unhealthy and just the fact that I have been off those for that period of time and that I have lost all those cravings. So it is a wonderful feeling.

And even after going from 6::30 in the evening until 9:30 the following morning before I've eaten. That's a long, long time for a fast in terms of breakfast – break fast. And I am still not particularly hungry. So is really quite interesting.

I think what is going to happen is over time, as time goes on, I am going to find that I'm going to be more hungry in the morning. Because that is the natural state. For example my nephew is five years old, a bit of a tearaway, and runs around  and tears up the house when he is here (he does stay with us every now and again). One thing I have noticed, very interesting. And this is something you can do if you've got young children around: just assess how they get hungry. And in the morning, for example as soon as he gets up, in 10 min, he is hungry. He wants to eat something.

I think that is the norm, generally speaking, because you have gone all that period of time without anything, you need some food and your body should be telling you to eat up. So the fact that I'm not getting those signals yet tells me again that I need to keep going through this process. Because I haven't been totally flushed out and so forth. So actually I hope I am going to be waking up hungry because that is a good indication, or getting hungry soon after waking up, that would be a good indication that I am back on track in terms of my body, that my body has really sorted itself out from that hunger point of view.

So I really think that my addictions, largely, at this stage are cured! I know that's pretty early to be saying that only on day 16, but I don't think I have ever felt so in control of my appetite and my hunger and my cravings as any time in the last 30 years that I have been overweight. So I'm going to keep at it. Even though sometimes it is a trouble to think wow, I have got 40 days before this juice fast is finished, finishes. The fact that I have made so much progress...  nearly 9 kg, nearly 20 pounds in the first 16 days. That is very inspiring to myself to keep going..

Now your comments and suggestions and hints and tricks are also really, really – I love them, thank you, I really appreciate them is what I am trying to say. Please do take the time to leave any comments, and questions, criticisms anything along those lines. Because that helps me function and really helps me want to power through.

One of the reasons that I did this actually, the videos every day, was that I wanted to hold myself accountable, so that there wasn't any way that I could back out. So the more people that I am interacting with every day, by entering your comments, and replying etc, the less likely it is that I'm going to quit.

And I would like to think that there are people there who are starting this, perhaps only just started this juice fast, or you are thinking of doing it. I'm hoping that the videos that I am putting out each day are going to be inspiring for you, so that when you decide to make the decision to do this, if you do decide to, you can see that here is someone who has sort of, the whole step along the way, the whole process along the way, how he's feeling each day, what was happening, how much weight he lost, so that you can get an idea what sort of results you're going to get. and also you are going to know how you are going to feel uncertain days, and any roadblocks and how to get around them and so forth. So that is what I am doing them for.

So please keep those comments coming. I notice they are starting to build up now. I have got a small stream of people who are looking and I obviously want to expand that. I want hundreds of thousands of people to be following this! Let's get the message out there that juice fast can actually be the final 'diet' (I am using a bad word, but...) final way for you to get down to your goal weight. You won't have to go anywhere else. You won't have to do any other diet plan or anything. This is a totally natural way for you to heal your body. And it is a fantastic feeling and I want lots of people to know about it! So if you know anyone who is looking to do something like this, or should be doing something like this, if you feel that they are overweight, please send them to my videos and I hope that I can help them as well.

Okay, I'm going to leave it there for now. I will see you tomorrow for day 17!

Cheers for now.


You can watch a high definition version of this Juice Fast Plan Video here if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment