Pages

Friday 22 July 2011

Detox Diet Plan Is Still Working - Day 11

Hello everyone!

Here it is on Day 11, and this is my daily update. I have made it to a full 10 days! I have done 10 days of a juice fast and I am doing very well. I am hanging in there. I lost .7 kg overnight, which is about 1.5 pounds, bringing me to a total of 7 kg, which is about 15 1/2 pounds total weight loss since I started.

So everything is pretty well on track. I still have got moments where I am thinking I would like to exit, but what I am noticing is that they are few and far between. Last night, for example, as the family was sitting down for some scrambled eggs I had a brief thought, because I decided, well, I was there while they were having it basically, and there was a fleeting thought that that would be nice. But then feeling that quickly went away. I had a lot less juice yesterday and I noticed I wasn't hungry. And it's almost like I am a bit more in control of my hunger and it is more manageable.




If you have been addicted to food as I have been, addicted to bad foods, as I have been in the past, you probably remember the feeling that you feel that you are out of control and you are feeling addicted. And you just can't stop yourself eating. You are hungry all the time and you had to act on that impulse of hunger. What I am finding now is I can still get hungry, but the hunger is not as strong, and it is more of a distant type thing. And it is more manageable. And I can say to myself, no, I am not really that hungry. Whereas I felt it was almost impossible to resist that in the past.

So this detox diet plan, as I call it, is actually working, even though I don't like the word diets, because it is doing two things: 1. detoxifying all the bad stuff and 2. obviously helping me to lose weight as well.

It's a win-win. And it has given me more of a feeling of being in control, which is fantastic. And the really funny thing is I saw some ads. The other day on TV, actually I was watching a show called Man vs Food. if you haven't actually seen that show then I suggest you Google it or go to YouTube and have a look at it.

It is actually a guy who takes some food challenges and goes around America trying to find the places that have got the biggest burgers, or the largest steaks and so forth, and tries to give himself the goal of eating the biggest thing that they've got on their menu and then winning a prize or something and getting his name up in glory.

Now it is actually done tongue in cheek, and I actually like the presenter Adam, and he's really quite funny and very quirky and does a great job of presenting it. But the point is they showed lots of really greasy unhealthy type foods. So I was watching that yesterday, or the day before I think it was, and I noticed that even though I was looking at that food I expected to think Wow that would be nice to eat because it is so close up to the food – and it could be anything from steaks or sweets, icecreams and so forth – but I felt nothing. I did not feel the need to eat that food, whereas in the past that would have sent off bells, quick, quick go and eat something!

So again, the point I am making here is I am feeling more in control. And every day I am feeling that it is going to be more likely that I am going to make it through this 56 days. So it is still my goal to get fair to 56 days or once I hit 32 kg of weight loss to stop.

Incidentally, once I get to 8 kg, just one more kilogram, I will actually be 25% of my way there. So that to me is pretty inspiring. Looking forward to seeing those results on the board and continuing the process.

So overall I don't think there's much else to report. Everything is on track and I am still feeling good. I am feeling in control. Let's see how I go tomorrow. So I will leave there for now, and talk to you tomorrow,

Bye for now.

You can watch a high definition version of this Detox Diet Plan Video here if you wish.

1 comment:

  1. im also going to do the challenge ( as soon as my new juicer comes in) thx for the blog, i look forward to reading it day by day. will you also have photos?

    ReplyDelete