Pages

Thursday 28 July 2011

Day 17 - Juice Fast Progress And Your Questions Answered

Hello, it's Tim here with my Day 17 update.

I am still on my juice fast and I have lost point one of the kilogram, which is only 1/5 of one pound. That brings my total weight loss so far to 9 kg which is just a fraction under 20 pounds.

So, still going quite good, and all on track.

What I wanted to do in today's video is just talk about, a little bit about juice fasting in general, because it seems from the comments that I am reading in my previous videos, there is a bit of misunderstanding on what juice fasting is.


I will start off by saying that juice fasting is actually something that has been done by people, you know, various religions and so forth, for thousands of years.




So this is not a new, 2011 type scenario. It is something that has been done for thousands of years. And it is actually healthy for you. Now some people leaving comments are suggesting that there are healthier options. If you take a step back and think about it, is there actually a healthier option then for you to consume 100% natural fruit and vegetables? And no preservatives, no chemicals, and goodness knows what else that companies are putting into our foods these days. You are avoiding all of that, and the reality is that people are actually getting cured from medical problems and complaints just by juice fasting. So please don't think that this is unhealthy or be worried about me being unhealthy and not doing things the right way.

 There is an argument to say that it is extreme. Yes, it is certainly extreme. I'm quite happy to say that, yes it is very, very extreme and perhaps it is not for everyone. Certainly the 56 days is not for everyone. But, you know, even the short term past, half a day or the day, one or two days, what I am saying is one meal a day consuming juice could start actually helping you.

 As I have said there is lots and lots of benefits to juice fasting. And it will actually help you to get healthier. There are people who have actually had medical conditions and they go right through and at the end of their juice fast their medical condition has been cured by the body. Because the body has got a natural inbuilt power to heal. So the fact that you are giving yourself fruit and vegetables is you are giving your body every chance it has to work on healing you and fixing any conditions you have got.

 So if you're talking diabetes, all sorts of problems along those lines, that people as a byproduct to juice fast – they are actually getting healed by that.

 So you might be asking why are they getting healed? Well, the main reason is that you are giving your body fantastic nutrients. All the nutrients it needs, if you are having the right mix of fruit and vegetables, and because it is in the juice form the body doesn't have to expend a lot of energy digesting it.

Because one of the areas that your body does invest a lot of energy in doing is digesting your food. Particularly processed foods, unhealthy foods, fast food, those types of foods. But even things like a piece of steak take hours for a body to go through and digest and that takes energy. So your body is actively working on that. And if you think about that alone, just the fact that you are going to be on the juice fast is going to help your energy.

But the other thing of course in lots of food these days it's becoming increasingly proven that there are lots of toxins. For example in some of the processed foods that you can buy in some of the oils and so forth trans fats and so forth are very, very unhealthy and not really good for your body.

 Now what does your body do if it can't get rid of those toxins?

 It actually wrapped up in layers of fat. So when you are overweight you have actually got a massive amount of toxins in your body that your body is protecting, so that is not doing you any dramatic and injury or dramatic harm to you by wrapping it up in that. So, as you are losing your weight (any form of weight loss not just juice fasting, but in particular I am talking about juice fasting) you are getting rid of all these toxins.

 Now by getting rid of all these toxins your body is then freed up. It doesn't have to work on getting rid of these toxins and digesting lots of really bad food for you and trying to deal with all this stuff, all this damage that you are basically causing your body by keeping these types of foods. It is just getting nutrition in a juice format which is ready to be immediately – there is still some digestion that is involved, but it's very minor compared to fast food or a piece of steak or something of that nature. So because of that, the actual nutrition gets into your bloodstream quicker and then your body is freed up. It has got other things to do it can use its time and energy in other areas. For example getting rid of the toxins and so forth.

 And over time that is what you are doing. Not only are you losing weight. Losing weight is just one benefit, one side-effect if you will, from the whole process. But you are actually detoxifying your whole body. You are splashing out all the toxins and all the bad stuff making you healthier and at that point of course you are going to be healthier as well.

 To give you an example, I am an asthmatic. And when I started this on day one I had a little Ventolin spray – I will show you what I am talking about – I have got one of these things, which are probably seen before and I also use one of these. This is a Ventolin or Asmol is called. And this one is Flixotide.

 Now, what they are is they are basically drugs for asthma. And since starting this, since about day eight, I haven't had to use those any more. Prior to that I would not say that I was using it every day but I was a regular user of those drugs. Now what I used to do was when I felt like I had asthma I actually had to take it. I actually had that and then I felt better. My lungs weren't were restricted and I had to do it. But since about day eight I haven't had to have that virtually at all. And the reason is, yes some of that has got to do with the weight loss, but I am putting less stress on my body. There is less stress on my body now because there's less weight. There's less wasted energy in looking after trying to process all this unhealthy food.

And because I am just eating raw fruits and vegetable juice, which is extremely healthy, the body has just got more time to deal with other things, and you can start healing. And so consequently my asthma is going. So it's only on day 17 and I am already feeling a lot better from an asthma point of view, let alone the other facts that I have got a lot more energy and I'm feeling better about life. So these are the benefits the juice fasting can give you.
 
But look don't just believe me, do the research for yourself, and you will find that there are tons of people who actually agree. And there is lots of evidence that you can find yourself of people who have been through this. I am certainly not the first person to do this. And people have completely cured problems with their bodies. Just by juice fast.

Now you don't get all these benefits by doing a traditional weight loss.
 
Another question I saw there was people suggesting that a better way to lose weight might be just to keep good for five or six days, then on the seventh day eat what you like.

Now, I used to be a big believer in that. I used to be a believer that you could sort of get away with that. And, yes I was overweight, and I stayed overweight for the whole time because that was my belief. I'm changing my thought patterns now and I am starting to think that, no, that is not possible. Because the food that you like, I am assuming from the comments, from that comment, that he's talking about junk foods. You know KFC or McDonald's or those types of foods that are unhealthy for you. The foods that you like have got toxins for you and are unhealthy for you. So yes one day a week you could be doing that. But let's take a step back here do you really want to be doing that? Do you really want to be putting unhealthy food in your body. I think it's time for us all to really take a step back and really just have a look at the food that we're putting into our body.

I am certainly doing this and I am thinking well look I don't want to go back on these habits. I don't want to go on this juice fast and then at the end 56 days just decide well I'm going to go back to where I was before and then maybe in a year or two years I will have gained all the weight again. This is a life change. And I think this is what people have to realise now. If they really want to take yourself to the next level and say look I am sick of how I am. Now if you're overweight like I was I decided that I had had enough. I didn't want to be the person I was any more, in terms of my weight. I was unhappy. I had tried lots of diets in the past and they hadn't worked
 
Yes, I will admit, I had an addiction to lots of different types of foods. So the ice creams, the chocolates, the other types of fast food that I have mentioned before. But that's a bad thing. So I think it is a fact now that we have to start saying I'm not going to go back to my old habits. And to juice fast of course is a great way of doing that. Because you are totally eliminating that from your body for a period of time. So, in my opinion, if you are looking to diet, and look, you can get some good results. I have lost weight before. But invariably I have gained it again. Or I have reached a point where I don't think to be able to lose any more.
 
And that the old traditional diets where basically I've gone through and just tried to diet for a period of time, or tried to keep some of the foods that I like, again, that I "like" – in other words that I have got used to, food that I am addicted to, but not food that's good for you.  So I have tried to keep those in my diet and over time I can do it for a period of time. But what invariably happens is it's like a slingshot. You know, slingshot effect. You can do it for the period of time, but eventually you have to let go of the rubber, and then and you are back to where you were before. And your weight has gone up.
 
The reason that people are gaining weight these days to a large degree is not as simple as calories in and calories out. Its the type of food that you are eating.

And the fact is, in today's modern society a lot of foods that we are eating are processed. It has got all sorts of things that we know, and even more stuff that we don't know that is bad for us that is in there, because companies are not interested in our health. They are interested in, basically, you coming back again and eating more of their stuff and buying more of their products. So do you think if they could find something that would make the food more addictive, they would put it in their products? Of course they would! And of course they do!

Now the reality is with these companies they are there to make a profit. They don't care about your health. There's no one out there that to a large degree – I am really getting fired up here, because I really want to get the message out.

What I am trying to say is that there's not a lot of people out there who are worried about your health. You need to take control of it. And I think the only way to do that is to go cold turkey.

Yes, it probably the hardest way to do it, but if you really want to get rid of your addictions once and for all and you really want to lose this weight you really need to take ownership of this problem and say look this is my problem. It's not my doctor's problem. It is not anyone else's problem. I have actually got this to solve this.

And that's why I have done this juice fast. Because literally detoxifying my whole body, getting rid of all my addictions. I have talked about this and previous days now I haven't got any feelings of addiction to these other types of food. And at this stage I have actually had chocolate put in front of me. I have actually tried myself. I have looked at biscuits. I have talked about that in a previous video.
 
Biscuits were something that I used to love with coffee. I had those put there in front of me and I had no inclination whatsoever to eat them. The fact is, I am removing that by this juice fast. And you just don't get those benefits in virtually any other form of diet.
 
And again, as I said earlier in this video, the juice fasting process has been around for thousands of years. It is something that has worked for thousands of years. And don't just think about it for weight loss. Think about it from the health benefits.
 
Okay, moving on Tim!
 
The other question I had was people were wondering, How do I get started? What I suggest you do is go to amazon.com and I'm going to put the link below the video in YouTube. So click on the information button and there will be a link there and it will take you straight to this book. Juice Fasting & Detoxification, by Stephen Meyerowitz.
 
Now, look there are a ton of different books on juice fasting and detoxification. This is a good one because it goes through the basics. It is only, it is under 200 pages, it is about 150 pages. Go to the link anyway. And when you go to Amazon and have a look at it you will find that there are a lot of other books that they also recommend. Read the reviews of the products. I always suggest you do that anyway. When you are buying a product, have a look at what other people have said about it.

But that book I have actually read, Juice Fasting & Detoxification, and it actually is a very good book. Have a read of it yourself, because it goes through the different types of fastings. Because, again, you don't have to go to the step that I am going, a very radical step that I am going. There are different ways that you can go into it. You can do it is like three or four days. You will get a benefit no matter how long you go with it.

The other thing I need to point out here though is you do need to get your doctors okay on this. You need to have a consult with your doctor and for them to be clear that what you're doing, you are understanding what you are doing. So that they are actually okay with the process as well.

Don't think that you can do this on your own. You need to at least get your GP on this, your general practitioner involved, so that they are aware of what you are doing. You are changing your life for the better, there are no doubts about it. And it does take some commitment. Particularly early on. Particularly early on in the first few days it is quite hard. I am not going to tell you it's a dream. It is not. And you will actually feel worse. So, believe it or not, when you start the juice fasting you will actually feel worse. Why? Because during those first few days a lot of the dramatic amount of toxins that are sitting there that haven't been fully processed and absorbed properly by the body are actually coming out. So they are actually coming straight back out. And they come back out of your body. They have to be processed in some way by your body. So you are feeling the effects of this. And so you will be getting headaches, you might be feeling a bit sick, you might be feeling tired, so again, think about that when you are starting your juice fast, Maybe I should be doing this on a weekend.

The types of juices you have also is very important.

But have a look at that Juice Fasting & Detoxification book. That's a great way to get started. And if you have got any other questions specifically on how to start, let me know, and I am quite happy to answer them because I am here to help. It is a two way process. I'm here to help myself, which I am doing by losing this weight and doing this juice fast, but secondly I am help here to help you guys. So if you haven't got a question and you are looking to start out or you are getting stuck let me know. And if I know the answer to it, if I had done some research and I know how to get around it, or I know what the answer is, I will get back to you and your follow-up in the future video and talk about that.

Let's see if we can make a difference. Take ownership of this problem, make a difference, and lose weight, and gain health. That's what I am all about!

Okay, my huge rant for the day is over, thanks very much for watching and I look forward to seeing you again in another video tomorrow.

Cheers for now.


You can watch a high definition version of this Juice Fast Video here if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment