Pages

Friday 15 July 2011

Day 4 - Carrot Juice Benefits Blow Me Away

Hi there, Tim again.

Day Four of my health fast, my juice fast.

Just for those people who are playing along at home and haven't had a look at the previous day's videos I've given myself a challenge to drink nothing but juice for the next 56 days, and to lose over that period 32 kg, which of course is 70 pounds.

So the good news today – I have lost another 0.9 of a kilogram - that's just under two pounds. It's the same weight loss as yesterday but, drumroll please!

My total weight loss so far, just beginning day, so for three full days of being on this diet: I have now lost a grand total of 3.4 kg which is about 7.5 pounds!


So I am actually 10% of my way towards the goal already after just – at the start of the fourth day...

So I am feeling pretty energised and happy. And no I didn't just lose the weight just because I had a haircut. I actually had the hair cut after my weigh-in. So if anything it might affect tomorrow's reading! But hopefully it should not make a difference. I did have a fair bit of hair though, so who knows. But anyway I will take my weight loss however I can do so I am pretty happy at this stage that I have lost that amount of weight.

In terms of how I am feeling overall I have to say that I am feeling a lot better. The headaches have gone. I had a few headaches in the first couple of days that have well and truly disappeared now. And I am feeling energised and quite happy. I'm still drinking plenty of good stuff - this water - in between my juices and overall it is going quite well.

It is a bit surprising. I am surprised at myself being able to go through this. It's not hard. I'm not finding it really hard. There are moments where I think, Oh it would be nice to be eating something. Or particularly if there is family eating, or just talk of food, or I walk into a shopping centre as I did today to get my hair cut. I had to walk through a food court. You know, a place where you can get all sorts of things and so there were all sorts of smells and so forth. But they are just passing feelings and I am sure, I feel comfortable and assured that I can actually survive those and work through them and I am getting the results. I am getting the weight loss and it is making me feel fantastic.

So moving on. I wanted to talk about a little bit today about some juices. In particular, carrot juice benefits. What surprised me when I started doing this research was just how good some of these vegetables can be for you. I haven't known so much about carrots in the past. Incidentally they are quite sweet this drink. I don't know if you realise this but, carrot is quite sweet but apparently there are some benefits.

What are those benefits? Well there are quite a few. Actually it is known in many places as a "miracle juice". Sounds a bit hypey, but it is very rich in vitamin A and it actually can remove bacterial infections from your kidneys and that again is not bad for something that is just natural and not a drug. It's very good for your eyes, your bones, and your teeth and it is actually very rich in vitamin C. There is even an anti-cancer factor in it. There's just a lot of stuff in it and a lot of benefits that you will get from just drinking carrot juice.

So what I am doing is I am not drinking purely carrot juice. I am trying to put carrot in a lot of my drinks. The thing is is that the taste is not very strong like some of the other vegetables and fruits. So I'm finding I am able to put it in a lot of my everyday juices and it tastes still okay. So absolutely: If you haven't thought of carrot juice before make sure, if you are doing something similar to this, that you do use carrots because they have some amazing properties.

There's not a lot else to report today. I'm just going to keep on doing what I have been doing and see how I go tomorrow, but overall I have certainly got a lot more energy. I am certainly feeling a lot better and I'm feeling a lot more confident that I am going to be able to get through this 56 days. Obviously, I thought that I was going to at the start of this. That was my plan to do it. But as each day goes on I guess what I am saying is I'm feeling stronger and more in control.

I am not feeling hungry a lot of the time. I had to say I did wonder whether I was going to be feeling hungry a lot just before I got back home from getting my hair cut. While I was out I thought, yes, maybe I am a little bit hungry. And I have just had some of this stuff, some water, and really that feeling has largely gone away. It's about 11:40am as I'm recording this. It's coming towards lunchtime, but, no, I'm not actually hungry.

Interestingly enough, what I am finding is there are two different types of hunger. There is the physical type of hunger where your stomach is grumbling and so forth. And it can be an overpowering thing, if you don't eat. But there is also that desire for hunger where it is just 'it would be nice to eat'. And I am noticing they are actually two separate things that in the past, to me, they have been one and the same. I just have been 'hungry'. But now I really that there is actually an experience where I'm not hungry as such. I've just got the desire to eat, which is a separate thing altogether. Now that I am actually separating those two I'm feeling more in control and I'm more able to say, no, look I actually don't need to eat at the moment because I am full. I am putting my hand on my stomach and I'm saying: Am I really hungry? And in a lot of cases the answer is no.

So this is all coming to me from juices, from just drinking juice. Just for those people who haven't caught up with those other videos: this is all natural juice. We're not talking about going into a grocer or into a delicatessen or supermarket. What we are talking about is natural fruits and vegetables. You put them in together into a blender and then drink it.

Now I'm going to go through and come up with some vegetable juice recipes for you in a future video, and talk more about some of the different types of recipes I've used for juicing vegetables. And what I have found is that some recipes are good for juicing and some are not. So I am actually going to come through and talk about those and give you the ones that I like. So I talked to you a bit yesterday about this. So if you haven't seen Day Three go back and have a look. I talk about lemon and how that's good at modifying some of the other tastes, but in future videos I will talk more, as I said, about vegetable juice recipes. Things that are simple. You put two or three vegetables together and it still tastes quite nice.

Okay, I'm going to leave it there for now I will see you tomorrow on Day Five. Keep at it, if you are actually doing this yourself; or keep watching the videos if you are following along at home, and we'll see how I go tomorrow!

Cheers for now.

You can watch a high definition version of this Carrot Juice Benefits Video here if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment