Pages

Saturday 16 July 2011

Day 5- Juice Fast Plan Update

Hi, Tim here.

It is Day Five of my 56 day challenge to lose 32 kg, which is seven pounds over that period of time, over 56 days.

So my status at Day Five is 0.6 kg of weight loss, which is 1.3 pounds. So overall since I have started this juice fast I have actually lost a total of 4 kg, which is just under nine pounds.

So I am very, very happy with the progress so far and I have to say that I am feeling very energised. I've got lots of energy. A lot more energy than I have had in the past. Definitely no signs of headaches or anything of that nature. I am not missing coffee, which I talked about in an earlier video - that is something that I usually drink a lot. I am not missing all the bad stuff. I'm not going to say it is good stuff because quite frankly chocolate and so forth isn't good for you. And I am starting to really enjoy the juices which is quite amazing. There are certainly moments still where I am wanting to go back to the old habits, back to the old types of foods and so forth. But overall I'm feeling quite comfortable and not feeling hungry all the time. So I am enjoying it.


I would say that, although I don't like using the word diet, this is an easy diet plan, if you are actually looking to lose weight.  There are so many different ways to lose weight out there. There are weight loss shakes and people talking about low carb vegetables and other types of foods and so forth. This is really just getting back to the basics. This is just a juice fast plan. We're talking a very simple way of just getting fruits and vegetables, juicing them, and drinking it. At least three times a day.

You can actually have it more times than that. From what I've read some people have it up to 5 times a day. But I am finding I am trying to treat it as a meal. So at breakfast time I'd actually make a proper drink around about 500 mls, 16 to 18 ounces or thereabouts. And I try and treat that as my meal and I do the same for lunch and for dinner as well. And I tend to just have water in between.

So I don't drink any other substance at this stage and it's been working for four days in a row. I've lost weight: a total weight loss of four kilograms since when I started just four days ago. This is the start of Day Five. That's nearly 9 pounds so it's a pretty significant amount of weight to lose. And I'm definitely committed to continuing on and losing it.

I guess the other thing that I'm finding now in terms of energy for walking and so forth. I was able to walk further today. I will just get my handy little iPhone... I've actually got a little program here and that tells me how far I walked today: I walked for one hour and 6 min and I covered a distance of 5.3 km at an average speed of 4.8 km. I have put those actual conversions on the screen for you (5.3 km equals 3.3 miles). And just to let you know, yesterday... (I will just go back and have a look at my track figures for yesterday. And you can do all this with this MotionX package. I think it's pretty cool.) Yesterday I didn't walk quite as far. Yesterday I did 4.33 km / 2.7 miles in 50 min.

The point I am making is that I walked faster. I walked 5.1 km/h. I walked further today. The point I'm trying to make is I've got more energy. I've got more energy to walk further and I'm walking a bit faster. Today actually purposefully decided to walk further again than I had walked in the past, and I walked for over an hour. But I did turn the speed down.

So I've got a little bit of an ache in my legs. So I'm probably going to have a day off tomorrow . Tomorrow will be Sunday from when I'm filming this and I'm trying to get into the habit I think of exercising six days a week and on the seventh day I'm going to take that day off. I will be staying on the juice fast though!

So there's not really a lot else to report. It's all on track. I'm feeling good. I'm feeling energised. And I'm feeling that it is not too hard and I'm feeling confident that I can continue right through and finish this.

So I'm going to leave the video here for Day Five.

Thank you for watching.

I will see you tomorrow.

Cheers for now.

You can watch a high definition version of this Juice Fast Plan Video here if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment