Pages

Thursday 21 July 2011

Day 10 - Vegetable Drink Is Becoming Easier To Bear

Hello,

Tim here with my Day 10 update.

Yes, I have been doing this for nine complete days! This is my 10th day. And I am still on track. I am still on the juice fast and I am getting through each day.

Overnight, well the last time I weighed myself, I should say (I weigh myself early in the morning) I have lost 0.3 of a kilogram since yesterday, which is about .661 pounds.

So overall, after the full nine days since I have been on this, I have lost 6.3 kg, which is about 14 pounds. So I have to say I'm pretty happy with that over all.

You can probably see in the background I have got my Mac computer. It's upgrading to Lion, which is the new operating system, for any of you geeks out there. It's the new version of the operating system for the Mac, which has come out today so I'm busily downloading that. I have got three Macs and I have already upgraded and installed it on two, and I'm doing it on the third one. Now I don't know why I added that but, anyway, I have!




I am getting used to vegetables too, I have to say. I have talked previously that I don't like the taste of vegetables, but I am coming around to it. I still really do like my fruit drink in the morning. That's the best for me. It's almost my favorite meal of the day. But I am coming around to vegetables, trying different types and so forth. And I am trying quite a few actually. I'm including quite a few ingredients in there. And again grapefruit and lemon are really good (in particular lemon) and apple at confusing or hiding some of the taste.

So I am still at it and I'm still going and I've got basically now on day 10, so I'm looking still to get to day 56. That's the goal and I'm aiming to be 80 kg at that point. So I still have a way to go, but I also I think have made good progress in the first full nine days that I have been on this. I'm looking forward to continuing.

A couple of things I might talk about as well: orange nutrition facts. I wanted to go through and just talk a little bit about oranges. It's very high in sugar. Interesting enough, mangoes are the same actually. Mangoes are quite high.

Orange is quite good for you, but I actually read somewhere, which I am trying to confirm, I read that you can't eat the peel, and that the peel is very toxic. So I've got to try and find out more about that, and reply tomorrow. But if you happen to know this, whether that's true about orange peel, that it is actually toxic and you should not be eating it, let me know. Because even when I'm blending, I have actually blended, in the past, with the orange peel.

Until I find out for sure one way or the other, I'm going to actually not be blending the peel any more, just in case. I mean obviously there would only be a bit of juice that I would get from that peel when I'm drinking, but just the fact it could be toxic I think is quite interesting.

Yet, getting back to oranges. They are very good in fibre but also very high in sugar so keep that in mind. It probably does not matter if you are just on the juice fast but if you are looking for groups that aren't particularly high in sugar oranges is not one of them.

Talking about mango – mango nutrition facts: mango is also very high in sugar and it is actually incidentally, double the calories of an orange. But in terms of proteins and that it's about the same as well. I wouldn't recommend, if you are looking to cut down on your sugar that you would be having lots of oranges or mangoes for that purpose.

I know that there are still people out there talking about diets and so forth, talking about low GI and low carb fruits and all those sorts of things. I think with fruits you don't need to worry about carbs and so forth. From some of the books that I have read the low carb diet has pretty well been shown to be be very effective at losing weight, but also you lose a lot of muscle. So if you are looking at a low carb diet I would not be recommending that you stick to that.

That's why I like the balance of eating fruit and vegetables because you are getting a balance. Yes, there is some high sugar in some of them but there is lower sugar in – obviously vegetables and so forth are very low. So across the course of the day, even though you might be high in sugar here and there, overall you are not going to be having too much which is obviously a good thing.

I had another thing: calories in watermelons = 46 calories. Which I was quite surprised because of course watermelon is very, very – a large component of that is water. So I feel surprised that even though that is very high also in sugar, it has got a lot of water in it. It's still 46 calories. But again, calorie counting? You probably don't have to worry about it at this stage because it is just a matter of sticking to your juice and your vegetables.

In terms of what I am drinking, I am still drinking just three juice drinks a day. In the morning, at lunchtime, and an evening one. And I am just drinking lots of water outside of those times.

And I'm not having caffeine or anything like that. So I am now on the 10th day without having any caffeine or any food. It has literally been drink only. So everything is ticking over nicely.

I would like the weight to be going a little bit faster. I would like to see more consistent half a kilogram or .9 a kilogram of the day, which I was experiencing earlier in the diet. But with that said, and even if I stuck to .3 of a kilogram, even with that loss, which is .6 of a pound, if I lost .3 of a kilogram each day that would still be over 2 kg a week, and that it is substantially fast. I guess I am just used to the supremely fast weight loss that was there in the first few days. But anyway, I am going to keep at it.

Just a few other things: I think it is also important when you are doing this to be thinking positive. You know, you are focusing on what you want, and not thinking – and I have to say I am falling into this habit sometimes – Oh, I really wish I could have a steak, a piece of steak or something like that. Instead of thinking like that I'm trying to turn my thoughts around and say, I feel so empowered that I have stuck to my juice fast, and I know that this nutrition is really helping my body, and I love the new weight loss that my body is feeling. So basically focusing on the things that I am achieving as opposed to the things I think I am missing out on.

And I think that it is having an effect. And I noticed in yesterday's video that (when I was going back to edit the video and had those weights that I have lost and so forth) I noticed I seemed to be pretty flat. And I didn't really realize that at the time, but I was thinking a lot prior to the start of that video about how it would be nice to have some substantial food and so forth.  And I think that had a bit of an effect on the video.

So it is just interesting that those thoughts that I am thinking can actually make a big difference in the overall results that I am getting because obviously if I get myself to a point where I am feeling very down and feeling that I can't continue then in a matter of fact I have sabotaged myself and I don't want that to happen.

So anyway, I am focusing on the good stuff. And it is now my Day 10 Video's time to end!

So thanks for watching and I will talk to you tomorrow.

Cheers for now

You can watch a high definition version of this Vegetable Drink Video here if you wish.

1 comment: