Pages

Thursday 1 September 2011

Day 52 - Fruit Juice Heaven!

Hi, Tim here with my Day 52 update.

Still going. Now only got 5 days, including today, to go, and I have finished my juice fast and some fruit juice, which is quite amazing.

Since yesterday I have lost 0.7 kilograms, which is about 1.5 pounds. So my total weight loss now is 21.6 kilograms, which is just over 47.5 pounds.

Current weight now is 89.8 kilograms. Woohoo! Got under the 90 kilogram mark. And that is now a fraction undfer 198 pounds.

So, feeling pretty confident and happy and blissful really. It's working out nicely.


Interesting in the last 2 days for various reasons I haven't had 3 juices. I have only had the 2 juices. Yesterday I missed my breakfast juice, but had the lunch and evening one. And the day before I had my breakfast juice, but missed the lunch and had the evening one. It wasn't by planning. But I have noticed since I've done that, that the weight loss has escaled So I'm conscious of the fact that I am not trying to hungry or starve myself or anything. Because that's the wrong way to try and lose weight. But I think I'm on to something here. For a long term fast, maybe here's an opportunity to cut down on the juices per day, if you are truly not hungry, which I certainly am not. And just focus on this good stuff: water. And if I'm not hungry I'm going to cut down.



So I'm going to consider doing that today. I haven't had my breakfast juice. It's just over 10 am here in Adelaide as I'm actually filming this. And I will probably go to lunch before I have my first juice. And then have another one in the evening. Interesting that I can do this, and I'm not having any feelings of hunger. Posted a comment to someone yesterday that it has been 35 days since I felt any sort of hunger, which is quite amazing really!

So I figure, well, I might cut down my juices, if I am not hungry, cut down my juices to two a day and see what happens. See whether that accelerates the weight loss. So far I have to say it has worked. Something to consider.

The other thing I am thinking of doing. I'm not quite sure. But it has crossed my mind, given the amount of weight loss acceleration towards the end of my juice fast, there's a possibility that I might extend the juice fast, and maybe go to Day 60. Which would take me through to Friday next week, my time. And I am actually leaving for Phuket on Sunday. So it might be a little bit close in terms of getting myself ready to eat, before I go to Phuket. But that is an option I am just considering, to extend the fast.

The thing is now at 89.8 kilograms, I am under 10 kilograms to where my ideal weight for me to be out of the overweight category, as far as the Wii Fit software is, which is about 79 kilograms. So it's about 10 kilograms and I will actually be there. So, interesting. Whether or not I actually do decide to stop the juice fast in 5 days time, or continue now, is a matter of me thinking is best.

Part of me wants to stop it still, because that was always my goal to get to Day 56, which is, incidentally, in case you're wondering, 8 * 7 is 56, so it was 8 full weeks. Rather than stick to 60, which I know a lot of people do, I thought, well I'll do it by weeks. So the 56th day will be eight weeks exactly that I have done it for.

So I may still stop then. But it is just something I'm considering. And I can see now that I am going to easily get down to my goal weight.

Still thinking of getting the transitioning side of things sorted though. I think that's very important, just to put the focus on that. And I think that's very important. Because if you don't have the plan, I think what's going to happen is, how does that saying go? People don't plan to fail, they fail to plan!

So in other words, I am not planning right now, to actually fail when I go off my juice fast. But if I haven't got a juice diet plan in place, on what to do when I do leave the juice fast, then ultimately I think I will fail and go back to old habits. And that's why I'm putting so much time into this transitioning.

And, yes, I'm going to continue these videos. I am going to be talking about a lot of transitioning when I do finish the juice fast. And I am going to do some videos. I have decided I am probably going to do a quick daily video every day while in Phuket. And show you a little bit of Phuket. And do it in a bit of a different, maybe in a different street, or somewhere. I'll do that on my iPad, and I will perhaps get Louise to help me, if she's willing. And I'll post that every day and just talk about my experiences and talk about some of the food and so forth, and challenges. Because, look, I want to help you guys as well. If you are following this along as well, and you are overweight, like I was, I urge you to go back just look at my Day 1 video. Firstly look at how overweight I was, number 1. But two, look at my skin. Have a close look at the skin and see how bad it was, and blotchy. And, my energy levels. Very, very low. So it has been an incredible transition. And I fully recommend a juice fast. But do, please, make sure you speak to your doctor. I suggest you do those blood tests first. Get a good blood test, get your blood pressure checked, all those sorts of things. And if you are on medication, the idea isn't just to take yourself off medication, and least not initially. By going along and talking to your doctor about this you can actually come up with a plan on slowly transitioning off your medication as well. But you should do it under medical advice.

Even if the actual doctor doesnt understand, or worse, doesn't approve of a juice fast, if you do go back a few times durig your juice fasting, you'll find if you've lost -- let's say you go back after 30 days You've decided to do a 60 day fast. And you've lost, pick a number, 15 kilograms (say about 30 pounds you've lost) Your doctor might look at you and do your blood tests and so forth again, and say, well actually you need a reduced dose of this medication now, because your blood pressure has gone down, or your cholesterol has gone down. Whatever you wish you was.

So keep that in mind. I think the worst thing you could do is go into this blindly, without any advice, without doing any checking. And of course the other reason you want to do this, is at the end of my video a few days ago, I talked about what my results were. I talked about my blood pressure, how it is now perfect, how my cholesterol level has gone down significantly since I have started this juice fast. And I wouldn't have been able to say this with any authority if I hadn't done my blood tests before I started the juice fast.

OK so there you go. That's my plan for now. I'll keep you in the loop as to what you're doing and I will talk more about my fasting on Day 53 tomorrow!

Talk to you then,

Bye for now.

You can watch a high definition version of this Fruit Juice video here if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment