Pages

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Smoothie Diet Time Now The Juice Fast Is Over?

Hi, Tim here with another 'Eat Healthy' / 'Juice Fast' / whatever you like to call it 'Eat Raw' / 'Get Fit' / 'Get Healthy' type video!

Today I am just going to talk briefly about my transition back to food with some smoothie diet in it. For those of you who don't know, yesterday marked the first day that I was back on to solid food after a juice fast lasting 56 days.

Now if you want to see what happened during those 56 days, do go back and check my videos. I have actually done a complete history. Every day I uploaded a video faithfully about my progress, how much weight I lost, etc. And I am going to be doing a similar thing with my transitioning back to solid foods.


So, what did I do yesterday?



Well, I focused the first two meals on smoothies. In actual fact, in yesterday's video I actually showed you the low carb smoothie that I had for breakfast. I had a different smoothie for lunch, which was also some spinach, but there were also some dates. And it was a little less creamy than the other one, a bit thicker. And that was quite nice as well, and quite filling.

And for the evening I thought, I wasn't particularly hungry, so I thought I might try a few - oh, mango was the other thing I had in the drink, the smoothie for lunch yesterday.

In the evening meal, as I said, I decided to go for some dates. I had an orange. What else did I have? I had a few nuts. And I think I had an apple. I can't really recall right now. But that was really it. Just a fairly light on meal, just to make sure that I was OK with solids, eating them instead of consuming them in a smoothie.

No problems at all, and I was full quite quickly. So that was enough. I only had a little bit. I couldn't resist. I had to weigh myself, because I have actually weighed myself for the last 56 days of my juice fast. But I decided I would weigh today, because lots of people have said, Oh, be careful when you get back to solid food. You are going to start gaining weight. Well, I am happy to say that I still lost some weight. Now it was only a small amount. It was only 0.1 kilo, which is about 1/5 of one pound. But I didn't gain weight. So there you go.

Now, I am continuing my exercise program as well. I am still walking at least an hour every day. And I am also doing some of the yoga and some of the muscle exercises, etc. And the balancing type exercises on the Wii Fit as well. So consequently I still managed to lose weight as well, which I thought was quite amazing.

So, I will keep you updated. Today my plan is for lunch I am going to make a vegetable stew. And that is just a lot of different vegetables with seasoning and so forth. And for the evening meal I am probably going to do the same. I am probably going to have a light meal - a bit of fruit and probably some of those dates, which were quite nice. I had a couple of prunes as well last night, which weren't quite as nice.

I have to say, the dates tasted unbelievably well, that I had yesterday. Whether it was because it was the first bite of something I had in 56 days or not, I don't know.

And the other thing is I am going to put, make myself some guacamole. I have got all the ingredients. I have to go out and buy them shortly. I am going to make that and I am going to steam some vegetables. Maybe a bit of pumpkin maybe, maybe a bit of broccoli, and maybe a few other bits and pieces. And I am going to dip them in that home made guacamole as well, and see what that tastes like. And that is going to be it.

I am going to try and aim to have a light evening meal. I know that traditionally that's been one of my heaviest meals in the past, in my old eating style. But I figure that now that I have changed my whole eating completely it would be a good time to try and revise that. Because it would be better to have a larger type meal, if you are going to have one, during the day, so that you have got more time to burn off. And then just have a lighter meal in the evening.

Certainly that was all I needed last night, so I will see how I go again tonight. I am focusing on the health, and feeling absolutely wonderful, I have to say.

I have to say, I am pleased with myself, with the journey that I have made. And now I have finished the juice fast, it is definitely very important for me not to slip back into old habits. Because I don't want to have to find myself in that situation where I am sick again and overweight etc. Even though I still have some pounds to lose now, but I am not as overweight as I was before. Morbidly obese, effectively, I was. I don't want to be in that situation again. And to do that I have to eat healthy. And I want to eat healthy. I know, my body wants to eat healthy food. And I am absolutely going to do that. So I am going to nail that by making sure I am on track, and watching what I am eating, and taking care to make sure that I am not picking foods that have got too much sugar in them, or too much sodium, etc. I am really just focusing on health.

And I think if I do that, eventually it is going to become absolutely an every day part of my life, and it is going to be quite easy to do it. And I am going to gravitate towards those types of foods naturally. Which, again, is very empowering for me.

So, everything is still on track. I am still doing well, and I am absolutely pleased that I haven't gained any weight and in fact lost a little bit after transitioning back to solid foods. So that is a good - something for you guys to keep in mind if you are worried about gaining weight. It may not necessarily happen. But if it does, well it's going to only be a temporary thing anyway. The way I look at it now is I am going to be having more and more solid type foods, because of course the smoothies were already juiced down. (Or blended down, I should say). So when I try my stew for lunch and so forth, that is going to be a bit more filling and a bit more fibre and so forth. So I am not expecting to gain much weight at all, to be honest. If I gain a little bit here and there, I am going to be losing it with the exercise and of course with the overall healthy nature of my diet anyway is going to be pointing me down in terms of weight loss, which is fantastic.

Alright, I will leave it there for now, and I will be back with another video tomorrow!

Thanks for watching. Talk to you then. Bye for now.

You can watch a high definition version of this Smoothie Diet here if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment