Pages

Friday 2 September 2011

Day 53 - Lemon Juice - Strikingly Refreshing?!

Hi, Tim here with my Day 53 update. My juice fasting update.

I'm here at the Royal Adelaide show with Louise. Louise is taking the video.

Hello Louise!

Louise: Hello!

Tim: I'm here having a great time. So just a quick video just to let you know that overnight I have lost 0.6 of a kilo. Now I don't know what that is in pounds, but I will put that on the screen now (1 and 1/3 pounds).

Total weight loss is 22.2 kilograms, which is this much in pounds (just under 49 pounds).

And my weight now is 89.2 kilograms, which is 195 1/2 pounds.

Just going to be a quick one today, because as I said, we're at the Royal Adelaide Show, which is sort of like a fair or carnival I should call it for you American folks.

Louise: And Louise wants fairy floss!

Tim: Louise wants some fairy floss. I won't be indulging in that obviously. Lots of food here. It's amazing how much junk food I have already seen. And it's only about 10:30 in the morning. It's quite amazing.

But everything is still on track and everything is going well. I have only got 3 days after today till my juice fast finishes.

OK, so short video, as I said. I'll leave it there for now. Thanks for watching, and I will see you tomorrow for Day 54.



(Actually, stay tuned... I did more video!)

Hi, it's Tim here again. Just showing you some of the views of our Royal Adelaide Show here. I'm not sure how loud it is for you guys, but I can barely hear myself talk. Very loud.

There's Louise, say hello Louise.

Louise: When do I get my fairy floss? :-)

Tim: We'll do that in a minute Louise. We'll get your fairy floss. For all these people trying to lose weight, we'll watch Louise eat fairy floss, shall we?

Louise: Look at all those food places!

Tim: Yeah, over here, can you see all the food places! No doubt it's going to be all healthy raw food, and probably some nice juices!

Let's go and have a look shall we. And let's have a look what they have got for sale. Nice and healthy food. Exceedingly healthy. Can you believe the "Good Food" Sign? :-) Nice. Guys, what do you reckon?

Have you got these in America, Dagwood Dogs? Hmm. I don't see any juice here. Oh, there's some punch. What else have we got?

Don't see any juice here guys. Very disappointing.

Oh well. I have got to keep looking for my juice. I'm sure it will be here somewhere. There's Louise ordering a hot dog. 50 days ago I would have gone for that. No more.

(To Louise) Yeah, busted!

There's Louise, eating fairy floss. The healthiest food ever. Does anyone know what is in fairy floss! Fairy floss consists of a shitload (excuse the French) of sugar, and some artificial coloring. That's it. So, basically 99% sugar. How do I know this? Well, we used to have a fairy floss machine!

Anyway. It's OK I guess, as an indulgence every now and again. But the problem that I had with it of course, I used to eat and drink bad stuff all the time, which of course is the reason I was overweight. It is just interesting, looking around at all the stuff at the Royal Show, I haven't seen anything healthy. I think the best I saw was potato, baked potato. That was it.

Louise is saying "fairy floss is mostly air". No, sorry Louise, it is mostly sugar. You in fact are wrong.

Alright, I'm going to leave it there for now. Quite horrifying really isn't it, the state of our society where we push all of this junk food that is so unhealthy. But, rant is over, the good news is that after the show we're actually going to the market and I'm going to show you a bit of that when we get there.

[cuts to market]

Finally I can have my juice here. Pineapple, celery, orange, apples and lemon juice. Tried to get some carrot, but they didn't put it in there. We're here now at the Adelaide __ Markets, and I am going to buy some organic fruits and vegetables, which of course is a whole lot better than what we saw previously.

OK, I'll leave it there for now.

[cuts to a different scene]

So, there you go. That's my adventure in fat loss for today. We've seen lots of things, lots of good and bad foods. Mostly bad food I have to say, to be honest, but at least at this market, we've seen a lot of good food. So I'm going to leave it there for today. That's Day 53 over. And I will see you tomorrow for Day 54.

Bye for now!

You can watch a high definition version of this Lemon Juice video here if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment